- B.S, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester 2007-2010
- Research Assistant, Goldberg Lab, Harvard Medical School, 2008-2009
- Lab Manager, Dziejman Lab, University of Rochester Medical Center 2010-2013
Chris is primarily involved in the Simons Project, which is working to identify the molecular and genomic basis of social behavior. He is focused on using ChIP-Seq to reveal the genetic regulatory mechanisms essential for social behavior in several species. He is also working on developing bioinformatic pipelines to integrate diverse ChIP-seq and RNASeq data from this project in order to compare cross-species experimental data.
- Patterns of variation in archaeal genomes from geothermal environments – Whitaker Lab, UIUC
- Identifying a Role for Vibrio cholerae T3SS Effector VopX – Dziejman Lab, URMC
Outside the Lab
Chris grew up in Boston, MA and went to college in Rochester, NY. He enjoys travelling, photography, sailing, skiing, weight training, driving, movies, and tinkering with new technology. Check out his photography on Flickr.
- Michael Saul*, Charles Blatti, Wei Yang, Syed Abbas Bukhari, Hagai Y. Shpigler, Joseph M. Troy, Chris Seward, Lisa Stubbs, Gene E. Robinson, Sihai Dave Zhao* and Saurabh Sinha*. Novel cross-species systems biology analyses reveal a deeply conserved brain transcriptional response to social challenge, in review, 2017.
- Abbas Bukhari, Michael Saul, Chris Seward, Dave Zhao, Sriram Chandrasekaran, Lisa Stubbs, Alison M. Bell. Temporal Dynamics of Neurogenomic Plasticity in Response to Social Interactions in Male Sticklebacks, PLOS Genetics 2017. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1006840
- Rika Anderson, Angela Kouris, Chris Seward, Kate Campbell, and Rachel Whitaker. Structured populations of Sulfolobus acidocaldarius with susceptibility to mobile genetic elements, Genome Biology and Evolution 2017. doi:10.1093/gbe/evx104
- Chris Seward*, Michael Saul*, Saurabh Sinha, and Lisa Stubbs, et al. Transcriptional regulatory dynamics set the stage for a coordinated metabolic and neural response to social threat in mice, Genome Research 2017. doi:10.1111/gbb.12379
- Younguk Sun, Huimin Zhang, Majid Kazemian, Joseph M Troy, Chris Seward, Xiaochen Lu, Lisa Stubbs. ZSCAN5B and primate-specific paralogs bind RNA polymerase III genes and extra-TFIIIC (ETC) sites to modulate mitotic progression, Oncotarget 2017. doi:10.18632/oncotarget.12508
- Hagai Shpigler, Michael Saul, Emma Murdoch, Amy Cash‐Ahmed, Chris Seward, Saurabh Sinha, Lisa J Stubbs, Gene E Robinson, et al. Behavioral, transcriptomic and epigenetic responses to social challenge in honey bees, Genes, Brains and Behavior 2017. doi:10.1111/gbb.12379
- Chris Seward*, Huimin Zhang*, Zuowei Wu, Huiyan Ye, Youjun Feng. Genomic insights into the ESBL and MCR-1-producing ST648 Escherichia, Science Bulletin 2016. doi:10.1007/s11434-016-1086-y
- Kelly Miller, Madeline Sofia, Jacob Weaver, Chris Seward, and Michelle Dziejman. Regulation by ToxR-like proteins converges on vttRB expression to control T3SS-dependent Caco2-BBE cytotoxicity in V. cholerae, Journal of Bacteriology, 2016. doi:10.1128/JB.00130-16
- Christopher H. Seward, Alexander Manzella, Ashfaqul Alam, J. Scott Butler and Michelle Dziejman. Using S. cerevisiae as a Model System to Investigate V. cholerae VopX-Host Cell Protein Interactions and Phenotypes, Toxins 2015. doi:10.3390/toxins7104099
Email Chris seward2 [at] illinois [dot] edu
seward2 [at] illinois [dot] edu